Tuesday, June 21, 2011

365:242 Bubble Ninja


I think Summer is trying really, really hard to show her face here in Seattle. There is actually sunshine this week and today may even be over 70 degrees (cross fingers, knock on freakin wood). Man, I can't even begin to tell  you how depressing the weather has been here this past year. I told my husband we may have to move if this continues. Either that or I have to take regular trips to where it is dry and warm (hellooooo Arizona and California friends!).

Addison and I had fun frolicking in the early evening sunshine yesterday. We made bubbles and then Addison sliced them with his foam sword. We called it "Bubble Ninja" (kind of like Fruit Ninja, if you know what I mean). Blood sugars ran high all day yesterday after a good run of numbers lately. We did a site change and will see what today brings. After our 3 day, much needed,  Dexie break, I decided to turn the high alarm OFF. Probably the best thing I have done in a while. I realized that I don't need Dexie screaming at me when Addison is high. Thank goodness because it would have been alarming off the hook all day yesterday, annoying both me AND Addison to no end. I do however need and want to know when Addison is low or dropping fast so the low alarm and double arrows down alarm aren't going anywhere! Love them even when they annoy me! We often talk to Dexie when it alarms "Yes Dexie, we know. "  Sometimes we say this in a kind and gentle voice and other times with a growly and aggravated voice. I am hoping that less alarms and less talking to Dexie will put it a little more in the background so we can enjoy our summer days in a more carefree sort of way.

Here are some more photos of the proof that summer will indeed be here soon. Happy Solstice!
Flowers blooming!

Slice of blue sky!



Bubbles!

Bubble Ninja!

10 comments:

Valerie said...

Cute pics--he looks like he's having so much fun! I talk to my sensor too, even though I guess I'm technically looking at my pump since it's integrated. I usually say, "I heard you!" when it keeps vibrating or alarming. The only thing that's really annoying is when it wakes me up several times during the night to tell me that I'm low when I'm actually not low at all. Sometimes it's nice to take breaks from the sensor or just the alarms. For the weather, it has been really depressing and tiring...I think it is supposed to be sunny all week though (hopefully)!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you and Addison had a happy time yesterday. It's so important to enjoy good weather whenever you can. Addison looked like he was having a great time.
I think your weather is going to be good this week--I'll keep an optimistic outlook.
Love, Mom

Mom said...

It looks like you and Addison had a great outdoor day. Talking to Dexie was good and taking a break was even better. I think your weather is going to hold; enjoy!
Love,
Mom

Stephanie said...

Aw, Addison is so cute!

C'mon down to the hot weather! I have laughed a lot today at everyone saying "ooh, first day of summer!" when it's been SUMMER here in AZ since mid-May. After all, it's "only" going to be 104 today. Thank goodness it's a dry heat!

Hope it warms up for you. We always plan our Northwest trip for July when we need a break from the heat. We'll be in Sunriver, Oregon in a few weeks and I can't wait to wear a light jacket again! :)

Denise said...

Yay for sun and bubbles!!

Denise aka 'Mom of Bean' said...

Summer Solstice...the longest day of sunshine and we have CLOUDS!! UGH!
At least it's better than rain!
Love the bubble ninja! My girls were swatting at bubbles yesterday with a broom that has lost most of it's bristles and were trying to blow them with the OFF fans they were sporting to keep the mosquitoes at bay!

Sarah said...

Bubble Ninja is welcome over here anytime - we've got two extra swords!
I, too, am so grateful for the change of weather - but we've been battling lows like no other...and Isaac's been having "Free lunch" as I like to call it with no insulin from about 10-2, crazy!
Can't wait to see you guys on Thurs, we'll be bringing bikes for sure :)

Joanne said...

Texas! Come to Texas! It's hot! It's (somewhat) dry! You know you want to.

Reyna said...

Oh Man...we had a summer like the one you are currently enduring. It has me running scared. Any time we have a nice day, I am pounding through all the outdoor stuff. We go to the pool, rollerblade, go to the park, hike...all in fear of bad weather streaks.

xoxo...You are amazing at making the most of it Jen.

muffinmoon said...

This looks like so much fun! Frank loves bubbles too but I have yet to find a "recipe" that works. Any tips?